- Vice President and Co-owner of Miedema Auctioneering and Appraisals, Inc.
- Over (31) years experience as full time auctioneer and appraiser.
- Have completed appraisals throughout the Eastern United States.
- Have given testimony in U.S. Bankruptcy Court and Civil Court.
- Industrial and Commercial Facilities appraised and/or auctioned: Tool and Die, Metal Fabricating, Stamping, Plastic Injection Molding, Assembly Plants, Printing, Packaging, Converting, Fruit and Vegetable Processing, Meat Processing, Screw Machine, Woodworking, Welding, Heat Treating, Metal Finishing and Plating, Wire Harness, Electronic Circuit Board, Metal Cleaning, Rental Companies, Inventories, Laundries, Cleaners, Warehouses, Trucking Companies, and many more.
- Construction Companies appraised and/or auctioned: Asphalt Paving, Concrete Paving, General Contractors, Underground Utilities, Aggregate, Ready Mix Plants, Excavating, Demolition, Electrical Contractors, Waste Disposal, Landscaping, Logging, Sawmills, Tree Removal, and many more.
- Agricultural Operations appraised and/or auctioned: Cash Crop, Dairy, Beef, Pork, Orchards, Blueberry, Nurseries, Vegetable, and more.
- Appraisal course instructor requested by the Federal Bar Association in 1996.
- Appraisal course instructor at the Michigan State Auctioneer’s Association annual convention in 1992.
- Course instructor for National Auctioneer’s Association in 1993 and 1996.
Education and Associations
- Graduate of Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan, BS in Psychology incorporating a Business/Marketing emphasis.
- Attended Davenport Business College, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Graduate of the Mendenhall School of Auctioneering (North Carolina)
- Completed ISA CAPP course 101, 102, 103, for certification that included Identification and Research Methodology, Report Writing, Ethics, Appraiser Responsibilities and Liabilities, etc.
- Have served on the Board of Directors of the Michigan Auctioneers Association and serving as President and long term board member of the Michigan State Auctioneers Association.
- Members of the NAA – National Auctioneers Association, the MSAA – Michigan State Auctioneers Association
- Hall of Fame – Michigan State Auctioneer
- Michigan State Bid Calling Champion
Value Concept Experience
- Forced Liquidation Value
- Orderly Liquidation Value
- Fair Market Value
- Liquidation Value – In Place
- Fair Market Value – Installed
- Fair Market Value – In Continued Use
- Replacement Cost New